Medical Foot Care
Feet of people confined to bed are very susceptible to the development of Pressure Sores, Bed Sores or decubitus ulcers. Pressure sores occur too frequently when one considers that they can usually be avoided.
Footcare Lambswool ( Footwool) should be used to reduce pressure associated with corns, blisters and bunions. Footcare Lambswool is sold in a 6-pak. Each pack contains a 15" rope of very fine Merino wool. To order click: Footwool
Pressure, friction and moisture reduction is necessary if foot bedsores are to be prevented. Australian Medical Sheepskin and Wool-Pile products are the best and most cost effective devices available for the prevention of pressure sores. Scroll down this page to see products that prevent pressure sores on the feet. Use our Shoe Size Chart below to determine the size that you need.
Shoe Size Chart
To find your Shoe Size:
1. Place a piece of paper on the floor.
2. Stand on the piece of paper.
3. Place a mark on the paper at the heel and at the tip of the longest toe.
4. Measure this distance and use the chart below.
Down-Under Wool offers a variety of Medical Footwear products for the Prevention of Pressure Sores. All products are made from Medical Sheepskin or Merino Lambswool. All use the "miracle properties" of wool to reduce pressure, skin moisture and shear ..the 3 most common causes of Pressure Sores and Decubitus Ulcers.
Medical Footcare Options:
Medical Sheepskin Slippers & Boots.. click on a picture to Order & for more product information .
- Shear Comfort Heel Protector: SC112..see below
- Pressure Smart XD: Pressure Care Assist XD1900: M103XD: see below
- Orthopedic Wrap Booties: M161: see below
- Lambswool Footwarmers: M160: see below
- Sheepskin Heel Pads: M112: see below
Footcare Lambswool.. click Footwool for more details.
- Shear Comfort Heel Protectors (SC112) - $85.00/pair. Made from HiTemp UR Medical Sheepskin, these Heel Protectors offer the ultimate in heel protection. The dense Merino wool pile protects by reducing pressure and shear while absorbing moisture to protect the skin. A lrge velcro strap goes over the top of the foot to hold it in place. Machine washable in Woolskin.
To order, click: Heel Protectors
Pressure Smart XD1900: The Pressure Care Assist XD (M103XD)- $140.00 The Pressure Care Assist XD provides the ideal environment for the feet' while in bed. It is made up of a 12 " X 26" Pressure Smart XD 1900 Merino wool pad with side flaps that wrap round the mattress to keep the pad in place. The Pressure Care Assist provides excellent pressure reduction when placed under the calves and heels. The Pressure Care Assist is machine washable and is conditioned and disinfected when washed in Woolskin.
To Order, click Assist:
The Pressure Care Assist XD1900 is an FDA approved Medical Device.
The very dense 30mm wool pile of Pressure Smart XD 1900 wool provides an interface between the patient and the bed that reduces pressure, friction and moisture - the primary causes of pressure or bed sores. Can also be used for buttocks pressure reduction.- $140.00
Wrap the whole foot in luxurious, machine washable Wool-Pile. The foot is placed on the sole and the tongue folds up over the foot; being held in place by Velcro flaps. One size fits all. Sold in pairs. To order, click: Bootie.
For more information, click: Wrap
Cold feet? Lambswool Footwarmers will place soft, soothing warm lambswool against your skin- ending cold foot discomfort. Made from luxurious merino lambswool -pile, finished with a knitted stretchy ankle top. No seams at pressure points. Machine washable. Keeps feet warm and dry. Sold in pairs. Available as Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. Now available with a non-slip sole.
For more information, click Warm.
Surrounds heel with dense pile, machine washable Medical Sheepskin. Held in place by a Velcro strap. Reduces heel pressure, absorbs moisture and protects against bedsores. One size fits all.
For more information, click Heel.