Posted by Down-Under Wool on 11th Sep 2017
There are many web sites that sell products that do not meet their claims.
Claims that you might see include:
* real sheepskin- in fact it may be a synthetic product made from polyester. Real sheepskins have a leather backing.
* Cleaning- many cheaper sheepskins have been tanned so that they can only cleaned by a dry cleaner. Chrome tanned sheepskins are more expensive and are machine washable in Woolskin or similar detergents.
* Australian Medical Sheepskin- authentic Australian Medical Sheepskins have a stamp of authorization on the product.
* Australian Medical Sheepskin stamp- stamp is shown on the web site but not on the products that you buy from them.
* Synthetic sheepskin- not a sheepskin with a leather backing and probably not even wool based.
* Australian Medical Sheepskin: Any quality sheepskin may have originated in Australia, sent to China for processing and the sold around the world without any quality control. Price and the stamp are good measures of quality.
"I'm looking forward to use the sheepskin for my husband to prevent pressure ulcers. He is battling brain cancer. Thank you for the great website with great information. It made my purchase easier, to know the research and the difference between the HiTemp UR sheepskin and the low temp sheepskin. "
Recent sales of wool in Australia have reached all time record levels. All wool is sold in Australia by auction. Prices paid by buyers from around the world have been escalating over the last while to new levels. "Strong price gains were achieved for most of the wool on offer as the market defied the unexpectedly stronger AUD against [...]
https://www.acponline.org/acp-newsroom/american-co...In the above article, the ACP recommends:"For patients who are at increased risk of developing bedsores, ACP recommends that physicians choose an advanced static mattress (a mattress made of foam or gel that does not move when a person lies on it) or an advanced static overlay (a material such as sheepskin or a pad [...]
Check out our NEW Wool products from Australia...you will be pleased that you did!Click on any Catalogue Number to see the product details and to Order.M118..Nursing Fleece Wool Dialysis Chair PadF103A..Nursing Fleece Wool Wheelchair Seat PadF103B..Nursing Fleece Wool Wheelchair PadF103C..Nursing Fleece Wool Bed PadM162..Wooly FootywarmersM129D..Pillow Soft..the Wool pillow cover SC110..Shear Comfort Elbow PadsW103C..Woolskin- 2 x 5.0L [...]
Hospital Nursing Fleece pads have the best properties that wool has to offer.Hospital Nursing Fleece Pads come in 3 sizes:. 17" x 18" ..Seat Pads.18" x 36" ..Wheelchair Pads. 30" x 60" .. Bed PadsThese pads provide excellent Pressure Sore Prevention with their fine Merino wool 1050 gram/square meter pile. Of particular note is their ease [...]
Pressure sore prevention for those using a wheelchair is a continual challenge. Enhance comfort and get protection from: the Pressure Smart XD 1900 Cushion-Its ( M105XD) Medical sheepskin foot plate covers ( M126B or M126G )Medical Sheepskin wheelchair arm pads ( (M125B or M125G or SC125XD)Click on Catalogue numbers for product details.
Patients at risk for pressure ulcers should receive advanced static mattresses or advanced static overlays instead of traditional hospital mattresses, as they have been shown to lower the risk for pressure ulcers, and are deemed more cost-effective. In contrast, the ACP advises against using alternating-air mattresses or alternating-air overlays, as there is no strong evidence [...]
The latest development in wool technology in Australia has produced a Merino wool fleece with a greater pile density than most sheepskins. This means that greater pressure reduction is achieved with a consequent lower probability of getting a pressure sore.This new technology is called: Pressure Smart XD1900. Created on a large round sliverknit machine, Pressure [...]
All prices are in USD