Wheelchairs & Walkers
Wheelchair Pressure Sore Prevention:
Pressure Sore Prevention is the logical and most humane method you have of caring for those confined to a wheelchair. Pressure sores are unnecessary and, 95% of the time, can be prevented. - American Family Physician, October 1996: v54, n5, p1519 (14)
Being comfortable and protected from the development of pressure sores while confined to a wheelchair is a challenge for all. Pressure Smart XD1900 Wheelchair Pads will add comfort and prevent pressure sores.
Wheelchair Pressure points (●) develop in many places while sitting in a wheelchair (see left) Pressure reduction at these points will help to prevent pressure sores. Pressure Smart XD1900 products will not only reduce pressure at these points, they will also reduce skin moisture and shear.
Pressure sores often develop as a result of skin friction and frequently the skin will tear when the person moves. Australian Medical Sheepskins and Pressure Smart XD products wick perspiration away from the skin, making it less likely to tear and develop into a sore.
Down-Under Wool recommends the following wheelchair products:
- Cushion-It Wheelchair Seat and Back Pads- Pressure Smart XD1900: 18" x 22"
- Machine washable Medical Sheepskin Wheelchair pads - 17" x 18" and 18" x 36 "
- Nursing Fleece Wheelchair pads - 17" x 18"
- Washable Medical Sheepskin Foot Plate Covers
- Washable Sheepskin Wheelchair Arm Pads
- Wheelchair Pressure Sore Prevention Package
- Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Handle Cover
- Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Seat Cover
Click Online Store to view, order and get immediate delivery of products designed specifically for pressure sore prevention and treatment.
For BEST protection, use a:
Wheelchair Pressure Sore Prevention Packages:
Shipping & Handling- FREE.
For more information and to order; click Wheelchair Pressure Sore Prevention Packages.
Wheelchair Pressure Sore Prevention Packages:
1. M120XD- includes:
- TWO "Cushion-It" XD Wheelchair Pads (SC105XD): made from Pressure Smart XD1900 Merino wool. Fully adjustable Velcro straps keep the Cushion-It securely in place. One Cushion-It is placed on the back of the wheelchair, the other on the seat.
- Pressure Smart XD1900 Wheelchair Arm Pads ( SC125XD ): plush Pressure Smart XD Merino wool under the arms of the client provide a soft, protective and soothing layer.
- Woolskin- 1.0 L Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner with Tea Tree Oil (W103): the detergent developed by the tanning industry for the cleaning, disinfection and conditioning of sheepskin. One bottle contains sufficient Woolskin to wash this package 40 times.
2. M120: Includes:
- TWO HiTemp UR Medical Sheepskin Pads (M128AS): made from HiTemp UR Meedical Sheepskin. Fully adjustable Velcro straps keep the M128AS securely in place. One Pad is placed on the back of the wheelchair, the other on the seat.
- HiTemp Wheelchair Arm Pads ( M125 ): plush Medical Sheepskin under the arms of the client provide a soft protective layer.
- HiTemp Wheelchair Foot Plate Covers(M126) protect add foot comfort.
- Woolskin- 1.0L Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner with Tea Tree Oil (W103): the detergent developed by the tanning industry for the cleaning, disinfection and conditioning of sheepskin. One bottle contains sufficient Woolskin to wash this package 40 times.
Cushion-It Wheelchair Pads are FDA approved Medical Devices.
Order this package now by clicking "Wheelchair Package"
The effectiveness of Cushion-It Wheelchair pads can be seen in the Pressure Maps below:
Walker/Rollator Pressure Sore Prevention:
Many people use their walkers for hours each day, every day. They find that their hands become sore and the seat is hard. Users have found that Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Handle Covers and the Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Seat Cover solve these problems. Made from Medical Sheepskin, they absorb body moisture and reduce pressure; making the use of the walker much less onerous.
M111- Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Handle Covers -(pairs) absorb hand perspiration and cushion the handles of the walker. These covers wrap around the handle and are held together by strips of velcro; so that they won't slip.
Wash in Woolskin. For more information, click: Walker Handle
M119: Sheepskin Walker/Rollator Seat Cover: This black sheepskin Walker Seat Cover offers comfort and moisture absorption in the hot weather. Also it insulates you from a cold seat in winter.
Held in place by elastic straps, the Walker/Rollator Seat Cover offers a new level of comfort when sitting down is necessary. For more information, click: Seat Cover
A pressure sore can develop into a Stage 4 ulcer, like the one shown below:
You can prevent this from happening with the judicious use of Australian Medical Sheepskin and Pressure Smart XD1900 products. Our authentic Pressure Smart XD products are:
- Machine Washable: Use Woolskin for best machine and hand washing care.
- Select very fine wool: Merino wool is prized for its resiliency, excellent fibre crimp, and fine fibre diameter.
- Guaranteed to retain their qualities for at least 50 industrial washes..Click "Guarantee" to see our Guatantee document. We recommend using Woolskin for the best care of our products. Woolskin cleans, conditions and disinfects.
To learn more about Australian Medical Sheepskin products, click: Online Store