HiTemp UR Australian Medical Sheepskin- ( AS4480.1) M102
BEST WOOL + GREEN + Stamp = BEST: FREE Shipping in Canada & Lower 48 States.
Australian Medical Sheepskins are for people who need Pressure Sore Prevention and want improved comfort in a bed or chair. Use 24/7 for maximum effectiveness.
These are the " Gold Standard" of Medical Sheepskins because of their WOOL. Specially selected very-fine wool Merino lambskins have a very high wool pile density and optimal fine wool characteristics. Only 1 in 20 lambskins produced in Australia are good enough to meet this recognised Standard( AS4480.1 1998).
HiTemp means that these Medical Lambskins/Sheepskins have been specially tanned to enable washing in Woolskin up to 80 oC and drying up to 60 oC. These numbers are important for sheepskin and wool disinfection; an important consideration for people who have pressure sores and are worried about sore infection.
HiTemp UR Australian Medical Sheepskins are Warranted for up to 50 washes in Woolskin, when the described washing procedures are used. A care tag is sewn on each Sheepskin.
Standards Australia: (AS4480.1 1998) specifies the properties of Australian Medical Sheepskins as:
- well trimmed and pre-washed.
- homogeneous wool pile of uniform length and density, well-defined staple and crimp, straight to light curl in appearance, free from pilling and vegetable matter. Wool shall not be felted.
- leather is free from excessive natural fat and grease, free of faults, symmetrical. Can be further processed to give increased urine resistance and labelled accordingly. Leather shall not give off any pungent or rancid odor.
- HiTemp wool color must be Medical Green.
- Wool fibre diameter shall be 26-34 µm and be 25- 30 mm long.
- Flatness- at all times, the product should lie flat on a horizontal surface with minimum curling around the edges.
- HiTemp Medical Sheepskins must have a minimum shrink temperature of 110o C and should not decrease more than 5 oC after 5 wash cycles.
- Must be colorfast.
UR designates urine resistance; making them suitable for incontinent situations. Sheepskins without the UR stamp will break down in the presence of body secretions. Urine causes the leather to crack and the wool to fall off. Use in the bed and wheelchair 24/7 for maximum benefit. Only authentic Australian Medical Sheepskins have the above stamp on the leather backing. Be aware that some different color green sheepskins have been tanned to be HiTemp but are not UR (Urine Resistant). Look for HITEMP UR on the stamp for the very best product.
The Australian Medical Sheepskin Overlay (M102) is about 38" long x 28" wide- large enough to protect the body from the shoulders to below the buttocks. Every sheepskin is slightly different; just like people. Some are a little longer, others are a little shorter but wider. The Overlay is placed on top of the sheet. Lying directly on the wool produces the maximum benefit.
These sheepskins are special and unique. The M102 is the only sheepskin that:
- has been tested in clinical trials and proven to be effective in reducing the incidence of pressure sores.
- is guaranteed to maintain its properties for up to 50 washes.
- has a rigorous set of properties prescribed by Standards Australia. AS4480.1
- is the BEST available; anywhere.
Wash in Woolskin- the special detergent & conditioner developed by the tanning industry in Australia. Woolskin will clean, condition and disinfect the wool and the leather. Normal household cleaners such as Woolite and Tide may damage the leather permanently.
FREE Shipping in Australia, Canada & the Lower 48 States:
If you are in Australia, get FREE shipping by our partner in Australia. If you would like to accept this offer, contact us by clicking: Contact. Complete the form and we will send you an Invoice for Payment and arrange for delivery.
This is one of many products offered by Down-Under Wool for the Prevention of Pressure Sores, Bedsores & Decubitus Ulcers. To see other products click: Product List
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a first-impressions review; I will update as the product is used. But I will note that we've used other, similar products from this company in the past and we've been very happy with them. I expect to like these sheepskins just as much. For now, I will just say; that they feel wonderful.